Monday, May 18, 2009

Flagstaff Arizona, A beautiful Base point before going to the Grand Canyon

The North America Rail pass was one great find we had during our U.S trip. We had the option to go wherever we want, in whatever time within a one month period. We had a 3 day stay in Florida and had so much fun in Universal Studios. From Florida we headed to a one of the highlights of our trip....the trip to Grand Canyon.

We left around 8 am from Florida. From Orlando we passed by Washington D.C, Philadelphia, and some other states( I already forgot to count) before reaching New Mexico. I think we had almost 2 days on the train before reaching Flagstaff, Arizona. It was about 11 pm, I was so anxious to get off the train because it was already late and I still need to look for our hotel.

I didn't realized that my watch was actually set to central time, which was an hour ahead compared with Mountain time. I was relieved to know it was still 10 p.m when we reached our destination. We arrived in Flagstaff, Arizona and the place looked peaceful so I was even more at ease. We checked in at the hotel and I was glad we had a prior reservation. Besides being assured of a room even when it's already late at night, we also paid for a lower rate. One couple came in and took a room and they paid 20 dollars more than what I paid for. So, I was so glad we had made prior bookings to all our destinations.

Flagstaff, was a charming place. We looked for a church the following morning since it was May 10, my dad's birthday. We saw some beautiful shops where we bought some souvenirs. There were also a lot of tourists roaming around the area. Flagstaff is the gateway to the Grand Canyon. This is usually the place most tourists choose to their base before going up the the Grand Canyon. It is about 80 miles from the Grand Canyon, about 2 hours drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly leave your comments so that I could improve this blog. Thanks!

My Associate Store

counter